Released from isolation
Almost all have been on the east side of the Island.
I'm not aware of any in the Kona Palisades area.
Palisades, a great place to live!
KONA PALISADES ESTATES HOMEOWNERS' ASSOCIATION
September 20, 2020
Aloha, Kona Palisades homeowners,
It has come time, once again, to postpone the 2020 Annual Owners Meeting due to the current restrictions in place for Co-Vid 19 with regard to gatherings. After extensive legal and parliamentarian counsel, the Board of Directors is following these experts’ advice and has postponed the meeting with the following process in place:
· BOTH the 2020 and 2021 Annual Meetings will be held on Tuesday, March 30, 2021 5:30PM registration and 6PM call-to-order at the Kona Palisades Pavilion. The proxies are only valid for reconvenes of the 2020 Annual Meeting so this is how it has to happen without starting over at huge expenses of monies and effort.
· We will open the 2020 Meeting. We will be conducting the votes at that meeting for the proposed changes to Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation that are on the proxy. There will be chance for discussion for those items that may have opposition. Items that are not contentious will not be discussed in an effort to get all business done in a timely manner. We will open the meeting and go down that list, returning to the items that need discussion based on show of hands. Discussion will be had on those items.
· The voting will take place and votes manually tallied at the meeting.
· Announcements will be made for each item voted on as to pass/fail.
· Standard ratification of rollover of funds and auditor will be motioned on and (typically) passed.
· The 2020 Annual Meeting will adjourn.
· The 2021 Annual Meeting will open. There is nothing to vote on at this meeting as the Board of Directors election will be conducted in Fall 2021.
o Quorum will (hopefully) have been met through the first meeting’s attendence as long as most homeowners stay for the 2nd meeting.
o The ratification of the rollover of excess funds (standard for all annual meetings and part of Statute) will be motioned on and (typically) passed.
o The auditor selected will be motioned on and (typically) passed.
· The 2021 Annual Meeting will adjourn.
We cannot confirm this meeting will take place, and may need to postpone again, but we need to follow a process in these unprecedented times. This way is best as per the professionals’ advice.
Thank you for your patience and commitment to your community.
Tom Fine President,
Kona Palisades Estates Homeowners’ Association On behalf of the Board of Directors
The Board had already contracted with Associa Hawaii to be the Property Management Firm. Karin Villaverde will be the Community Manager. Associa Hawaii has played a key role in helping to uncover failures in the past to follow correct legal procedures and properly record actions of the Association. They were also very helpful in getting information out about the Annual meeting that had to be reconvened twice. We will have a whole team working for the Association instead of just one. It should make things go a lot smoother in the future.
President Fine encouraged the owners by saying "This is not the end of the process but it is the beginning. We want to make changes. You have wanted changes. This is the beginning of making changes to make Palisades a better place to live."
He also called for volunteers who want to help in the change process. We need the everyone involved in helping to improve Palisades.
Karin encouraged people to call her at 837-5293 or send an email to if you have any questions, concerns or good ideas. She also wrote "Please await future mailings and communications with more details on our services and what to expect in our new working relationship.
If you have not provided us with your email address, please do so immediately. We can save money and time by sending the newsletter out by email, instead of USPS. Click here to send your email address: email@example.com. Mahalo
Neighborhood Watch Has Christmas Party
Enjoy the photos below (click on arrows to see pictures to the left or right)
Neighborhood Watch Christmas Party 2019
The Kona Palisades Neighborhood Watch and Board Members celebrated it’s Christmas Party and last meeting for year on December 10, 2019.
The pot luck was excellent with a wide variety of dishes and more than enough.
Virginia Halliday had a mixer activity that encouraged people of get to know each other a little better and enjoy some talk story time.
Virginia also reminded everyone that she has resigned as chairman and we need a new chairman for the Neighborhood Watch.
Coqui Frog Patrol Chair,
Fire Dept. 7 Bravo
Photos from the Neighborhood Watch Christmas Party 2017. Click Here.
Photos from the summer social
You will find these in the right hand column toward the bottom.
Photo by Bob Duffer
Photos of the General Membership Meeting in January 2018.
Lunar Eclipse over Palisades
Photo by Bob Duffer
Photos from the Neighborhood Watch Christmas Party 2018. Click Here.
Neighborhood watch Christmas Party 2016 Photos. Click here to see them.
Photos from Community Meeting
click on photo at left to move to large picture.
All of said lots shall have a minimum of a 2-car garage or carport.
Nuisances: No noxious or offensive activity shall be carried on upon any of said lots, nor shall anythng be done thereon which may be or may become an annoyance or nuisance to the neighborhood.
Livestock and Poultry: No animals, livestock, or poultry of any kind shall be raised, bred or kept on any of said lots, except that dogs, cats or other household pets may be kept provided that they are not kept bred or maintained for commercial purpose.
Ernie Gianotti passed away on September 11 on the Mainland. He was our Association Attorney for many years and served the Palisades Board and Community with his knowledge of the law. He kept us straight and will be missed.
Tom Fine Sr